First Time Riders
What To Expect...
Who: YOU, plus your friends, family, and co-workers, and hundreds of cyclists and volunteers
What: A one or two day Bike MS extravaganza with multiple route options, lots of festivities, and activities and an awesome overnight experience.
Bike MS: Nebraska Ride is Sept. 6-7, 2014
Bike MS: Ozarks Ride is Sept. 6-7, 2014
Bike MS: Wichita Ride is Sept. 6-7, 2014
Bike MS: Kansas City Ride Sept. 13-14, 2014
Why: To raise funds to support the National MS Society and to move us closer to a cure for multiple sclerosis. Because you are looking for a challenging, high quality, fun, and well supported ride that will be an experience that will stick with you for life.
Registration & fundraising: Each cyclist will pay a registration fee and is responsible for raising $200 to benefit the National MS Society. The fundraising minimum of $200 must be received before a cyclist can pick-up his or her rider packet.
Here is our commitment to you:
- We will provide you with multiple scenic and well supported route options.
- We will hold your hand every step of the way through the fundraising process (or rest a supportive hand on your shoulder, if you're not a hand-holding kind of guy/gal) by providing a personal fundraising webpage and online tools, sample fundraising letters, fundraising recognition and prizes, a monthly e-newsletter, and an updated website with tips and ideas! Visit our fundraising page.
- We will provide you with cool training tools like Training Peaks, training rides with local bike shops, and information on how to climb any pesky hills you might encounter.
- We will provide you with free Boulevard beer and a family-friendly party atmosphere at the finish line on Saturday.
- We will provide you with well stocked rest stops along the route, so you're never without snacks for too long.
- We will provide you with lunch, dinner options on Saturday and if you stay for Sunday, we provide a free breakfast and lunch. And it will be delicious.
- With the support of our Bike Shop partners, we will keep your bike running through the weekend (but please come prepared to make your own minor repairs).
- We will provide safety training info with rules of the road and cycling etiquette.
- We, along with volunteers and family and friends, will be there to cheer you on as you cross the finish line! After all, we are your biggest fans!
Just the facts about Bike MS:
- Great for all levels of athletic ability: Route options start at 30 miles and max out at 100+ miles. Plus you can ride one day or both days!
- It's a family event – friends and family are invited to the festive finish line party to celebrate your success.
- All four Bike MS rides have the same high standards you have come to expect over the last 30 years: Same constant support, same top-quality event experience, and same mission to end MS forever.